Throughout our season Neptune Theatre offers Relaxed Performances, which are designed to welcome audience members who would benefit from a more flexible environment. This includes (but is not limited to) those with sensory sensitivities, learning differences, autism spectrum disorder, seniors, and first-time theatregoers. Minor production changes are made to reduce startling effects and there is a relaxed attitude towards audience noise and movement, and our in-house rules. We invite all patrons to come, be themselves and experience live theatre!
Check back for updates.
What to Expect
- Minor production changes to reduce startling visual or auditory effects.
- Audience lights (house lights) are kept at a low level for the duration of the performance.
- Food and drink are permitted in the theatre.
- There are extra staff members on site to offer additional support when needed. You can download our step-by-step guide about what to expect when coming to Neptune Theatre. Hard copies are also available for pick up at our box office.
- For each show, we create an “Actor, Character, and Information Guide”. This guide will include photos of the cast in costume, and information about some of the effects that will happen onstage (eg. confetti, fog, stage combat). It can be downloaded online, and hard copies are available for pick up at our box office.
- As a participating member of the Access2 program, Neptune offers a companion/caregiver ticket upon request. This means someone may attend the performance with you at no charge.
- We have accessible seating for patrons with wheelchairs and walkers upon request.
For further information please contact the Neptune Theatre Box Office at 902-429-7070 or 1-800-565-7345.