Neptune Theatre is excited to announce an online 50/50 fundraiser!
Here we go again!
Neptune Theatre has been a part of the Halifax community since 1915 originally known as the Strand Theatre. Under the name Neptune Theatre, we were incorporated as a not for profit through the province on July 6, 1962 (registration number# 1282134) and registered with CRA as a charitable organization on January 1, 1967 (business number 119053502 RT 0001).
Our mission is to engage audiences with stories that represent the history and diversity of our region and its people. For 58 years, Neptune Theatre has contributed to the cultural, social and economic well-being of Halifax and the province. For generations audiences have delighted in the stories we share on our stages. As we look to the future, under the vision of Artistic Director Jeremy Webb, Neptune Theatre will embark on a journey of creative growth in which audiences will see more work from Atlantic Canadian and Canadian playwrights; stories that represent the diversity of our communities and region; accessible programming so that all can enjoy the experience of live theatre; and increased opportunities for the growth and development of emerging, local artists.
When the inevitable impact of the Coronavirus reached Nova Scotia we were forced to make the difficult decision to close the shows in the remainder of our 2019/2020 season.
The show must go on, and will go on, but we need your help. Because we are more reliant on ticket sales and less on outside funding – we are left vulnerable. With bills to pay and no shows on stage, we are quickly depleting the money needed to get shows back on our stages. Your donation will help us withstand this difficult time.
1 for $10, 3 for $20, 8 for $50 or 20 for $100
Ticket Sales End: Sunday November 1, 2020
Draw Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Draw Location: Neptune Theatre. Draw will be conducted live on Neptune Theatre’s Facebook page
License Number: AGD-306823-20
- Tickets will be available online and sold at a rate of: 1/$10, 3/$20, 8/$50, and 20/$100
- The 50/50 draw tickets will be sold using online software and will be delivered primarily to the buyer’s stated email address.
- It is the sole responsibility of the ticket buyer to ensure that they receive the correct number of tickets based on the successful financial transaction with the online 50/50 software.
- Pot sizes will be updated daily on Neptune Theatre’s Facebook page and website.
- The winner will be determined by drawing a ballot from a container of all ballots received for the draw. Draw will take place live on Neptune Theatre’s Facebook page on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- The winner will receive 50% of the total pot. A payment will be made by cheque to the winner from Neptune Theatre Foundation. The winner must be present at Neptune Theatre (1593 Argyle Street, Halifax), have the ticket in hand and must have valid identification to claim the prize. The winner must also agree to have their picture taken, name and address recorded. They must also agree to allow their image and name to be included in future advertising on any medium to claim the prize.
- The winner will have 90 days to claim the prize effective the original draw date. If the prize is not claimed within 90 days another draw using the same entrants will be made.
- Entrants must be Nova Scotia residents and at least 19 years of age.
- The draw will be held on November 3, 2020 at Neptune Theatre. Draw will be conducted live on Neptune Theatre’s Facebook page.
- The winner will be contacted by phone and email. Failure of the winner to claim their prize 90 days after the draw date will result in a second draw from the same entrants for the full original value of the prize amount.
- With the prior written approval of the Executive Director, Service Nova Scotia & Municipal Relations, Alcohol & Gaming Division, Neptune Theatre reserves the right to:
- extend the draw date and ticket selling period if enough funds have not been raised to cover the costs to hold the draw.
- cancel a draw should the situation warrant it. Neptune Theatre will return all monies paid.
- end draw early if required.