July 4 - August 26, 2022
The Neptune Theatre School is looking for energetic, enthusiastic, and creative individuals to join our amazing team this summer!
Our Theatre School staff is comprised of local and visiting actors, singers, dancers, directors, puppeteers, magicians, comedians, content creators, administrators, and more. The team is dedicated to getting to know our students, and help them discover their artistic potential. We love our students, and look forward to seeing them back year after year!
Neptune Theatre seeks to promote equity, inclusion, and access by amplifying voices that have been historically marginalized or underrepresented, and we factor this into every decision we make. We encourage submissions from individuals of all genders, ethnicities, abilities, and identities, and will give priority consideration to those who self-identify as IBPOC, LGBTQQIP2SAA, d/Deaf, living with disabilities, and/or facing other systemic challenges in our industry.
Applications have closed. Applicants will be emailed directly.
Company: Neptune Theatre
Position: Theatre School Summer Camp Employee, entry level to more experienced positions available
Rate: Hourly wage dependent on position and level of experience (please see Available Positions below)
Hours: Full time and part time available
Application deadline: April 29th, 2022
Interview dates: Successful applicants will be contacted to set up an interview in early May, 2022.
Position dates: Training in May/June, Summer Camps run July 4 - August 26, 2022
Contact: Please send cover letters, resumes, and at least one professional reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Counsellor / Instructor
Pay scale: $13.35/hr - $16.50/hr
The Camp Counsellor/Instructor's position consists of either assisting (Counsellors) or leading (Instructors) the planning and implementing of daily lesson plans, supervising students, writing student report cards, helping prepare students for an end of week presentation recording, supervising and ensuring the safety of students in the classroom, on the playground, in the lunchroom, and in the gym. They will also be responsible for student sign-in and out each day, mediating student disagreements, and helping maintain facilities with regular health policies with the help of supervising staff.
Administrator (Pay scale $15-$18/hr)
Tasks and responsibilities would be to support and assist the Director of Education, Theatre School Administrator, and Camp Director with the following:
- Contracting of instructors and creative teams & time sheet collection
- Payroll submission
- Scheduling teaching staff
- Class and camp descriptions
- Class registrations, reporting, and communications
- Maintaining email lists/contacts for the Theatre School
- Creating newsletters
- Researching and applying for grants and other sources of funding for the Theatre School
- Participating in community outreach activities and general promotional initiatives
- Responding to general inquiries relating to the Theatre School
- Coordinating the procurement/ordering of supplies
- Providing assistance to senior management as required
- Some social media tasks (graphic creation and distribution)
- Assisting with general running of Summer Camps as required (eg. sign-in and out)
We are also interested in hiring employees to work as Specialty Instructors, Supervisors, and Media/Content Developers and Coordinators. Rates of pay will be based on experience and position expectation.