Image Description: At the top of the webpage is a large rectangular banner. The banner is a dark teal colour with a thin white line running around the perimeter. There is bold, white text in the centre of the border that reads, "Audio Described Performances". Below this and to the right in smaller white text reads, "Proudly sponsored by". Next to this is the Bluenose Ability Arts and Film Festival logo. The logo is the lower case initials "b a a f f". The first "a" is a bright orange cursive letter, with a long swirl that extends over the remaining letters. All other letters are white printed letters. Beneath this logo in very small letters reads, "Bluenose Ability Arts and Film Festival".
Audio Described Performances
We are pleased to announce that Neptune will have its first ever Audio Described Performance hit our Scotiabank Stage this holiday season! A big thanks to the Bluenose Ability Arts & Film Festival whose partnership has made this possible. Audio Description was originally designed to provide access for audience members who are blind or partially sighted, and is now also regularly used by people who are neurodiverse and/or have sensory sensitivities. We look forward to making this a regular part of our programming, and invite all patrons to come, be themselves and experience live theatre!
|Saturday, July 23rd||YPCo's Little Women||2pm|
|Friday, December 16th||Elf||7:30pm|
|Sunday, April 2nd||Ballad of the Motherland||2pm|
|Sunday, May 28th||Billy Elliot||2pm|
To inquire about booking tickets to the show, call the box office at 902-492-7070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- When booking tickets by phone at 902-429-7070 or by email at email@example.com, purchasers should identify if they require a companion ticket, wheelchair seats, or any other accommodations.
- By identifying yourself as one in need of a listening device for our show, we can reserve one for you and also send you detailed information that will enhance your theatre experience.
For a guide on how to get to the theatre from Barrington Street, CLICK HERE
What to Expect
- Patrons will be emailed the week leading up to the show. This email will include directions on getting to the theatre from Barrington Street, and any extra information when possible.
- Staff members will be outside the theatre to greet patrons, answer questions, and assist in any way possible.
- Patrons can collect the necessary equipment for the performance at the box office. This includes an earpiece and a small receiver, which are cleaned before and after each use.
- Whenever possible, the theatre will host a touch tour either before or directly after the show.
- Before the show starts, patrons will be welcomed into the theatre for an audio introduction which will be delivered through their earpiece and receiver.
- There are extra staff members on site to offer additional support when needed.
- As a participating member of the Access2 program, Neptune offers a complimentary companion / caregiver ticket upon request. This means someone may attend the performance with you at no charge. When looking to book with a companion / caregiver ticket, please call the box office at 902-429-7070. An Access2 card is not required when booking.
- We have accessible seating for patrons with wheelchairs and walkers upon request, and wheelchair-accessible washrooms.
For further information please contact the Neptune Theatre Box Office at 902-429-7070 or 1-800-565-7345, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access 2 Program
The Access 2 card is for people of all ages and types of permanent disabilities who require the assistance of a support person at hundreds of participating entertainment, cultural and recreational venues across Canada. A support person is an adult who accompanies a person with a permanent disability to assist with services that are not provided by the employees at the participating venue, such as assistance with eating, administering medication, communication and use of the facilities.
Access 2 card holders are able to book a Neptune Theatre performance ticket and add an accompanying companion ticket for their support person. This companion ticket is free of charge.
Access 2: Participants in Halifax
- Art Gallery NS
- Canada Games Centre
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Discovery Centre
- Halifax Jazz Festival
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Museum of Natural History
- Neptune Theatre
- The HRM Recreation and Pools.
To learn more visit https://access2card.ca/participating-venues/?province=12