Throughout our season Neptune Theatre offers Relaxed Performances, which are designed to welcome audience members who would benefit from a more flexible environment. This includes (but is not limited to) those with sensory sensitivities, anxiety, learning differences, autism spectrum disorder, seniors, and first-time theatregoers. Minor production changes are made to reduce startling effects and there is a relaxed attitude towards audience noise and movement, and our in-house rules. We invite all patrons to come, be themselves and experience live theatre!
|Thursday, July 21st||YPCo's Little Women||2pm|
|Saturday, January 7th||Elf||2pm|
|Sunday, February 12th||In Lieu of Flowers||2pm|
Call the box office at 902-492-7070 to purchase over the phone.
- When booking tickets by phone at 902-429-7070 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, purchasers should identify if they require a companion ticket, wheelchair seats, or any other accommodations.
What to Expect
- Minor production changes to reduce startling visual or auditory effects.
- Audience lights (house lights) are kept at a low level for the duration of the performance.
- Food and drink are permitted in the theatre.
- There are extra staff members on site to offer additional support when needed. You can download our step-by-step guide about what to expect when coming to Neptune Theatre. Hard copies are also available for pick up at our box office.
- For each show, we create an “Actor, Character, and Information Guide”. This guide will include photos of the cast in costume, and information about some of the effects that will happen onstage (eg. confetti, fog, stage combat). It can be downloaded online, and hard copies are available for pick up at our box office.
- As a participating member of the Access2 program, Neptune offers a companion/caregiver ticket upon request. This means someone may attend the performance with you at no charge. When looking to book with a companion/caregiver ticket, please call the box office at 902-429-7070.
- We have accessible seating for patrons with wheelchairs and walkers upon request.
For further information please contact the Neptune Theatre Box Office at 902-429-7070 or 1-800-565-7345.
Access 2 Program
The Access 2 card is for people of all ages and types of permanent disabilities who require the assistance of a support person at hundreds of participating entertainment, cultural and recreational venues across Canada. A support person is an adult who accompanies a person with a permanent disability to assist with services that are not provided by the employees at the participating venue, such as assistance with eating, administering medication, communication and use of the facilities. To learn more visit https://access2card.ca/future-card-holders/
Access 2 card holders are able to book a Neptune Theatre performance ticket and add an accompanying companion ticket for their support person. This companion ticket is free of charge.
Access 2: Participants in Halifax
- Art Gallery NS
- Canada Games Centre
- Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Discovery Centre
- Halifax Jazz Festival
- Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
- Museum of Natural History
- Neptune Theatre
- The HRM Recreation and Pools.
To learn more visit https://access2card.ca/participating-venues/?province=12